Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thanks for a great quarter!


Thanks for a great quarter!

I really enjoyed the contributions that everyone made, from video suggestions, comments in class, final projects, and the insights you shared in your digital portfolios.   This year we did a bunch of things that I had not done before, or at least not at this scale.   I feel like the experimental aspects mainly worked, and hopefully next time the class will be even better.

As teachers we are constantly told to reflect on what we see as effective teaching.   Too often that gets equated with really short term outcomes (teaching evaluations, efficiency, etc.).  To me, the ultimate measure of effective teaching is found in what all of you go on to do.  My hope is that in some small way, ideas and skills that were raised in this class help you on the path to creating something new and fantastic in the world.   Ten years down the line, I hope to read about some great thing that you have done.

I want to give a special thanks to our TAs:  Jarrid, Krystal, Rebecca, and Zeke.  They do a ton of work behind the scenes, and without them this class would not be possible.

Enjoy your spring break!

Ted

6 comments:

  1. It was great having you as a professor! I definitely learned something from this class and I'm glad I took it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making this class enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being a great teacher whose main goal was to make sure your students learned not just retained information for a quarter. I appreciate teachers like you and the methods you used to teach us. Thank you Professor Welser for a great first quarter here at Ohio University

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a great quarter! I learned a lot in class, a lot of things that I haven't given much thought to. I'm so glad I took this class! The projects were fun too! Other classes I just take notes and take tests. I'm glad we got to do hand-on projects, like the touch graph, and the video!

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ted. It was a great class. Have a good break. I learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete